Friday, June 4, 2010

An ode to FRIENDS.


Rachel, Ross, Chandler, Joey, Phoebe and Monica...


Those names mean so much to me, and now my husband as well. I have loved Friends since I was about 13 years old. I own the complete series, had a poster in my bedroom and can honestly say I have watched each episode 20+ times. It never gets old. How could you get sick of a show that brings so much joy into your life? I don't think I have ever watched an episode and not laughed out loud; it is that good.


When we got married I thought Bradford would struggle with my whole Friends obsession. He knew I had it, but I don't think he saw himself getting roped into it. During our first week of marriage (post honeymoon) we watched quite a bit of Friends because we didn't have internet and I wanted the show to grow on him. The first episodes were bumpy, and I could tell he was wavering. Then, something happened. Bradford turned the corner and realized just how great this show is and how happy it makes you. Ever since that day he will now turn it on whether I'm watching it with him or not. He now asks me if we can watch friends :) The greatest sound to wake up to is the Friends theme song coming from the living room and my husband laughing. I love it! I knew I married him for a reason. Just FYI though, I know he would want me to clarify that LOST is still his favoirte show and the friends characters will never replace his LOST characters. Its understandable, they are both great. But Friends...anytime, any mood, you'll find me watching my favorite show.


So thank you Friends for being there in the good times, the bad times, and everything in between. I'm serious when I say I will always love my Friends.


The End


Jenessa

No comments:

Post a Comment