Monday, May 24, 2010

Previously, On Lost


Yesterday was the last time we will ever be able to hear that. The series finale was of Lost was on last night and we watched it over at a friends with a bunch of other Losties. It was one of the best finales I have seen in any series. It left it with a great ending but with some untied ends to ensure that there are theories that are created as to what really happened. This is what the producers have been doing the past 6 years so it is appropriate that they ended this way.
In my opinion, this was the most well written series on television. The characters had so much depth to them that you could not help but grow to like them. And the plot was unpredictable, yet not random and off the wall. No offense to the "24'ers" out there but compaired to 24, Lost blows it out of the water. Jack Bauers always saves the day, there is always a someone corrupt in the system, and the bad guys always lose. Then the next season starts over the same way. I can say this cause I used to watch 24.
In Lost, You have no idea where it is going to end up. That is what makes it so much fun, its not just something you turn on, watch, like, then turn off and go on with your life. It's something that you turn on, watch, like, then think about it all day why this certain event happened. It requires the viewers to do much more than just watch, but the writers provide certain things to happen to get you to figure it out. It's basically like a sudoku but series. Word to the wise however, do not start in the middle of the series. you have to start, as I did, at season one. Anyways, I've spilled enough about lost in this post and I don't want people to think I am too weird. so I better stop now.
Peace, Love, The Gap
Bradford

2 comments:

  1. Love the post -- so well written! Guess we're gonna have to Netflix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Bradford I couldn't agree more! LOST is the most amazing show ever and I seriously wanted to cry when it ended. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to anymore : (

    ReplyDelete