Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The End is in Sight.

I can feel it in the air. The weather is changing. The mornings are darker, the nights are colder, and the heater is turned on. This year, these are all good signs.

I can now count on one hand the number of times I have to go to each of my classes (excluding finals). This means that in about 6 weeks I can call myself a graduate. That is assuming I pass all my classes of course.

I bombed my first test EVER and I wanted to die. I went to talk to my professor with a red face and glazed eyes as he told me not to worry, I would be fine. I sure hope he's right. I still ran out of class and bawled the whole way home. I am such a baby sometimes. It's just, why did that have to happen my LAST semester? I was so close. Oh well, it has to happen to everyone I guess.

I do love school though. Despite the tests, papers and projects, I am going to miss it. I love having this side of me that no one really knows about. At school, I'm kind of a nerd that loves deep conversations and the occasional outbreak of an argument amongst classmates. I like making comments now and then and having an opinion about a topic. At school, I feel smart. I'm going to miss that certain feeling.

Regardless of my love for school, I am ready to be done. I now think of myself more as a teacher than as a student. My brain has shifted to work, and school has taken the back burner. I love teaching and I want to be able to give it my all rather than being divided between school and my class. So, bring on the changing season and the cold temperatures. The sooner it comes, the sooner I can be a graduate.

Love always,
Jenessa

p.s. My mom bought us Christmas ornaments today! They are sitting in our living room and I am so excited about them. Just another reason for it to be December already!


No comments:

Post a Comment